Sunday, February 7, 2010

And So the Battle Begins...

This past Friday I visited an orphanage. This particular one houses a few children with disabilities, which is one reason to visit, to see if we can connect them to our camps, or minister in some way. One boy is mute and deaf. It quickly became apparent that he doesn't get the attention he needs to learn how to communicate. I worked with him for a bit and soon, he was signing the letters of his name, and he seemed pleased to receive the attention. Later on, while helping some of the little ones (if I could bring them home in my suitcase, I would!) to the bathroom, I encountered a girl with pretty severe mental and physical problems. She was hunched on the floor, staring at her hands, and she didn't have a shirt on, only shorts. She is probably 16 or 17. I have been reading this book about prayer and fasting and preparing for "war", and one of the first stories was about a disabled boy who was prayed for and was healed and freed from demon possession, so this has opened my ears and eyes. Little did I know how soon I would need to use it.

I reached out my hand to her as I introduced myself and asked how she was. She didn't respond, but took my hand, and then I said "te amo" (I love you)...she looked straight into my eyes...then I said, "Cristo te amo muchisimo", or Jesus loves you soooo much. She immediately began to screech and scooted away, and seemed as if she wanted to attack me. Hmm, that said a lot. I would have stayed a bit longer to pray for her, but the little girls with me were now thoroughly freaked out. So I went out and just prayed. I returned to the room later, but she had scooted herself to the shower and was mechanically washing her hands over and over again. As we played outside with the other children, every now and then she would scream.

I haven't stopped thinking about her since. I have been praying for wisdom. I have the opportunity to return this Friday, with Gene (my leader), and I am hoping we will be able to do some intercession for her. So be in prayer if you can...it will be around 9 or 10 in the morning (WI time) when we arrive there. I will let you know how it goes.

I have also started to work on writing Jordana's story. I think if I work really hard on it, it could be published within the the year. Hmm, as I write this, I realize that many of you don't know Jordana, or her story, so I will fill you in as time allows.

Hope all is well, and thank you for your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. It is interesting to read all that God is showing you... just in time for his purposes. We are praying on this end... for more clarity and authority.
    Blessings~ Bill/Berenice: Your Grand Rapids fans

    ReplyDelete