Sunday, March 14, 2010

Meemaw


Dear Friends,

I ask that you join me on your knees. My Grandma (her name is Marjory, though I affectionately refer to her as Meemaw) is in the hospital, and according to the doctors, is near death. They have taken her off of all of her medication except for morphine to keep her comfortable and they are weaning her off the oxygen. I have decided to fly there tonight. I will be there for six days, returning on Sunday the 21st, Lord willing. My family is planning on holding services for her on Saturday the 20th, should she pass.

Obviously, this complicates things with my job, but we have everything pretty much in order for our teams to come down. I will be missing one day of ministry with them, but Gene and Jordana have given me their blessing, and send me off with prayers. I have been surrounded by wonderful people here who have helped me to get where I needed to go, whether it be to taxis, buses, or planes; they are my angels, and will be blessed for their generosity and kindness.

The most complicated part of this ordeal is that Grams is a Jehovah’s Witness. For years I have begged the Lord for her soul. Up to this point, as far as I know, she has not confessed Jesus as her Savior. There are several other members of my extended family who are practice this faith as well, and the rest of them don’t really have a relationship with the Lord. So, here is an opportunity to bring light into a dark place, replace death with life, and hopefully see some eternal change in my family. I know that this has nothing to do with me. I can do nothing but pray and be obedient to the Lord. However, she and I do have an especially close relationship, and it will be good for both of us to see each other. I have peace about going, though it is going to be very difficult to say goodbye, knowing that she won’t be there when I need her soft embrace. She is the dearest woman alive, and really, one of the most godly that I know. Please pray for the Truth to prevail and replace the lies, and for her to be at rest with our Savior, so that we may be reunited for eternity. Thank you so much.
“choose this day whom you will serve…But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15

1 comment:

  1. Kristin! I am glad to have found your blog!! I will most certainly be praying for you and your family. God is so faithful, He will do amazing things while you're at home.

    ReplyDelete